1. Imagine the appeals, dissents and remands if lawyers had written the Ten Commandments.
Harold Bender, Theologian
2. LAWYER: A professional advocate hired to bend the law for a paying client; for this reason considered the most suitable background for entry into politics.
The Cynic’s Dictionary
3. In the Halls of Justice, the only justice is in the Halls.
Lenny Bruce, Comedian
4. My daddy is a movie actor and sometimes he plays the good guy and sometimes he plays the lawyer.
Actor Harrison Ford’s son
5. Lawyers are: Those who earn a living by the sweat of their brow-beating.
James Huneker, American composer and music critic
6. The ideal client is the very wealthy man in very great trouble.
John Sterling, British author
7. A lawyer is someone who writes a 10,000 word document and calls it a “brief”.
Franz Kafka, German novelist
8. He who has said “Talk is Cheap”, never hired a lawyer.
9. Lawyer’s Creed: A man is innocent until proven broke.
10. Be frank and explicit with your lawyer….It is her business to confuse the issue afterwards.
11. Make crime pay. Become a Lawyer.
12. I’m trusting in the Lord…and a good lawyer.
Is there anything nice anybody has ever said about lawyers? God Bless Abraham Lincoln:
“Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbours to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker a lawyer has a superior opportunity of being a good person. There will still be business enough.”
Lawdiva aka Georgialee Lang